Yellow Magpie
This print was in a gallery I wandered into in Northampton, 15 minutes out of Amherst. It introduced me to the work of Leonard Baskin, American sculptor, print maker, and watercolourist. He was born in 1922, and died in 2000.
One of the things he was most famous for was the series of portraits he was commissioned to do of the Sioux Indians who lived in Little-Big Horn National Park in the 19th century.


I loved this one. It was so sparse, yet so expressive and beautiful.
Man of Peace
This woodcut was also there, and monumental in size.
You can see more of his pictures and read about his life at:
http://www.rmichelson.com/Leonard-Baskin.html


2 comments:
auny kate are you walking around talking in ur american accent yet? they may understand you better then!!
Nicole, it is so bad that now sometimes my Lithuanian roomie translates my English for the African guys. I think you are right though - that is the way to get them to understand me. But which kindof American accent to adopt. My favourite is the deep Southern Belle accent, but that might be hard to pull off!
Post a Comment