
Something has happened to the blogger software tonight that means I can't arrange the photos or text in any order.


I had a great plan for the day. First, Ellis Island, second, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, third, a walk in Central Park, fourth, a trip up the Empire State building (which was only a block away from our hotel), and fifth, cocktails in a Soho jazz club or stand-up comedy club off Broadway.
Ingrida and I left the hotel after breakfast, heartlessly deserting the four or so others who had expressed an interest in coming . We have learned that if you wait for everyone you never get anywhere. It was another blisteringly hot day, well into the 30s, and we had been warned about the queues.
Our wait was almost three hours in total, during which time Ingrida was driven to buying a pink 'I love NY' hat. Thus, it was 1.30 before we arrived on the island. The museum, though, is fantastic, and I was there until 6.00pm.
By the time I got back off at the metro stop near the hotel it was after 7.00pm. By the time I had popped in to visit the Macey's sale it was almost 10.00pm. So no Met. No Central Park. Not even a trip up the Empire State Building. A few of us did manage to go and have something to eat at a nearby grill, but everyone was too tired to keep going much after midnight. Carrie and Samantha would have been ashamed of us, but it was a fantastic day anyway.
Tomorrow: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Why, we are not sure. Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania, and it is home to the softball team that Jerry Mileur used to own, but apart from that, we don't know. Apologies to everyone for the lack of email and phone correspondence. Since we left Amherst I have not been able to connect to the internet in my room, and I am restricted to the business centre's computers, of which there are only two between all the guests.


1 comments:
Hi Kate,
Just back from 2 weeks in sunny Queensland! The cold is a bit challenging here......
I had 2 weeks of blogs to catch up on and really enjoyed them. Thanks for your efforts they are fun to read.
Love e
Post a Comment